Tuesday, February 13, 2018

#172) Treason Is A Crime, Not An Insult


February 13, 2018

Dear Shithead,

I'm a few days late in getting this letter off to you because I have been super busy but I just can't let you call Democrats who didn't clap during your State of the Union speech  treasonous without calling you out for it.  I believe your actual quote was,  
"... they were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said  treasonous. I mean, yeah, I guess, why not. Can we call that treason? Why not? I  mean they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”

Well I'll tell you "why not", because treason is not an insult.  It is an actual crime that carries legal consequences.  It is, in fact, a very serious business.  And because the United States of America is neither a dictatorship nor a monarchy, the democratically elected officials of the Congress are under no obligation to clap for you when you demand that they do so.  While your fragile ego may need constant reassurance and praise, it is not the job of the Congress to placate you. You do have a mighty team of very expensive lawyers over there at the White House after all.  I would think that they would be able to explain this to you.

Let's remember the words of Theodore Roosevelt.  He said,
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to  stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”


Sincerely,

Amy Beaton

P.S.  It is also not a crime to call the POTUS a shithead.  That is only an insult.  Let Freedom Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment