Saturday, April 25, 2020

#201) You're So Funny


April 25, 2020

Dearest Dampy,

When one hears the name Donald Trump one immediately thinks highly successful (obviously), stable (of course), genius (without a doubt), generous to a fault with a body like a Greek statue and a mind like a steel trap (clearly).  But now that you have shown America your funny side (and thank you for pointing it out to us by the way because honestly I think most of us missed it) with that sarcastic joke about ingesting disinfectant - really?!   Well, I think we can add rapier wit to your growing list of accomplishments.

It was truly masterful the way you played the crowd, letting them think that you actually wanted people to ingest and inject cleaning fluids into their bodies to kill the coronavirus.  I must admit...I fell for it!  Thank God you pointed out that you were making a sarcastic joke.  Phew!  I really dodged a bullet there because I had just bought some bleach and was about to give myself a high colonic when you – so generously – pointed out that it was just a joke.

Pure comedy gold I tell you.

Most comedians spend years developing and honing their skills.  I've seen every episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel AND Seinfeld so I pretty much know what I'm talking about and you, sir, are what comedians call "a natural".  No training necessary.  No sirree.  Absolutely none.

The next time I hear comedy legends like George Burns, Bob Hope, Robin Williams, and Gilda Radner getting all the glory I'm going to say, "Hey! Donald J. Trump TRUMPs them ALL!"  (get it?)  I'm going to make sure that you take your rightful place in history as the biggest joke of all time.

You know what they say, if you can't keep 'em happy, safe, healthy, employed, fed or housed, you'd better keep 'em laughing!  Thanks for brightening my day.

Sincerely and Sarcastically Yours,

Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment