Wednesday, June 3, 2020

#207) Raise Your Voice George


Office of George W. Bush
PO Box 259000
Dallas, TX  75255-9000

June 3, 2020

Dear Mr. President,

Hey – it's me again.  Sorry to bother you, but I'm worried that I didn't make it clear enough in my last letter that your endorsement of Joe Biden should be really public.  Not just a memo released to the press by your office, but a real out-and-proud-type of endorsement where you stand with the other three living presidents and make it clear to the American people that Donald Trump's failing ship of state can be righted but that it will take all of us – Democrats and Republicans – working together. 

I'm not saying that you have to hold hands and sing Kumbaya (although I would personally love that).  But you do have to stand as a group in solidarity and as representatives of the office of the president; an office which ultimately transcends partisan party affiliation.  Americans need to be reminded that there is strength in both unity and diversity and that working together is the only way to heal the damage wrought by the Trump administration.

I believe that Republican voices are needed to restore balance to this broken system.  Please consider the power that your voice has and how to best use it in these difficult times.

Sincerely,

Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment