Sunday, January 22, 2017

#1) Are you there, Donald? It's me, The People

Jan 22, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

Hello, my name is Amy Beaton. You're going to want to remember that because I will be writing to you everyday for the next 4 years. I am 48 years old and live in northern Vermont. I've got things on my mind and didn't know how to best express myself until you mentioned in your inaugural speech that you wanted to work for the "people" and that you were returning the White House to the "people". Well good news...I'm people!!

First Thought:
You are the most hated man on the planet at this moment. That can't feel very good. A little more than 3 million people marched and made signs and turned up all over the WORLD - including Antartica - to express their dislike of you and your policies (such as they are). I waited for quite a while for your response and instead got Press Secretary Spicer attacking the media for under-representation of the inauguration crowd. What?!? I think you missed the point there, Donald. Kind of got the wrong end of the stick. 3 million people just knocked on your door to complain and you want to pretend they're not there? OK. Your call. Kind of a big thing to ignore, and not how I would have handled it, but whatever. You're in charge.

Second Thought:
Sean Spicer isn't going to "cut the mustard" as my husband would say. Best start thinking about a replacement. He was kind of tweaking out behind that podium. Not very professional.

Third Thought:
Just because Jared Kushner is a really nice guy and is Jewish doesn't mean that he should negotiate peace between Israel and Palestine. I just want to be on record as saying that this is a really bad idea. B-I-G- huge mistake. But don't worry, we will be talking a lot more about that one.

Fourth and Final Thought:
Thanks for inviting me, "The People", to participate in your presidency. I'm sure we will have a great 4 years together!!

Sincerely,
Amy "The People" Beaton

2 comments:

  1. This is just what the Donald needs, a little constructive feedback. He's probably not getting much of that!

    ReplyDelete