Thursday, February 9, 2017

#14) The Force Awakens

February 7, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

I'd like to give a shout out and a great big thank you to all of the reasonable, thoughtful Republicans who have spoken out against your rash of executive orders and outrageously provocative tweets.  (I started to compile a list but it got too long.  After 20 I knew I couldn't list them all in this letter.)  It made me think about how dysfunctional and unproductive our very divided congress has been these past 8 years.  And how now, thanks to your awfulness, we have Republicans and Democrats coming togetherworking togethertalking togetherdrafting press statements togetherand agreeing on things.  Wow!  How ironic that the unifying force is you – our most divisive leader in history!

It's kind of like when Anakin Skywalker progressed so far down the path of the dark side of the force that he became Darth Vader and his ultimate evilness was actually the thing that restored balance to the universe.  You're like my personal Darth Vader Mr. Trump.  I look forward to your downfall restoring balance to our broken political system.

Sincerely,

Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment