Wednesday, February 22, 2017

#20) Inconsistencies


February 22, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

A few days ago I accused you of being inconsistent.  Let me elaborate.

3/2016 Trump on ABC's "This Week"
"NATO doesn't discuss terrorism.  NATO's not meant for terrorism. NATO doesn't have the right countries for terrorism.  I think NATO is obsolete."

"Now it can be trimmed up and it can be, uh, it can be reconfigured and you can call it NATO, but it's going to be changed. I mean this thing was – was done many decades ago. And there's nothing wrong with saying it's obsolete.  But it's obsolete."

2/19/17 Vice President Mike Pence, Munich
"The United States of America strongly supports NATO and will be unwavering in our commitment to the trans-Atlantic alliance."

11/2015 Trump during campaign speech
We should "bomb the shit" out of IS refineries in Iraq.  Then US oil companies would, "rebuild that sucker brand new.  It will be beautiful and I'll take the oil.  And I said I'll take the oil." (That's not a typo by the way.  That's what you said.)

"I'd take the oil for our country." (You said it again in case we missed it the first two times.)

1/2017 Trump speaking to CIA
"We should have kept the oil.  But okay.  Maybe you'll have another chance." (Insert maniac-like grin here.)

2/20/17  Defense Secretary Jim Mattis
"We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil."


This is why the world doesn't take you seriously.  Is this not obvious?  Duh.

Sincerely,
Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment