Thursday, June 8, 2017

#111) Thanks for the Letter


June 8, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

I received your lovely letter yesterday thanking me for my "kind letter and generous words of support."  It was also nice to hear that my "encouragement sustains you every step of the way."  Just one tiny problem sir - my letters were neither kind nor encouraging, so obviously they were also not read.  Bummer. I had hoped that someone (even if only an intern) was reading them.  Oh well.

Although the Oval Office is the greatest office in the land it is still, ultimately, just an office.  And it is office protocol 101 to sort the mail into three piles:
1.  friendly/supportive letters
2.  unfriendly/non-supportive letters, and
3.  bills
That's just how it's done.  Everyone knows that.

You know, putting some simple procedures and systems in place (such as sorting the mail into fan letters and hate mail) can really make an office run smoothly. I'd hate to see a letter from someone like Kim Jong-un mistakenly sorted. Yikes.  Get it together Mr. Trump.

Sincerely,
Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment