Wednesday, June 28, 2017

#127) Jobs Report


June 28, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

I just can't let this jobs thing go.  The more I learn the more disgusted I get with you and your hypocrisy and empty promises.  I'm reading less and less from the mainstream news lately because they are giving way too much attention to your tweets and personal behavior. Instead, I'm reading more and more from the financial/economic news and it's like night and day. 

For instance, this morning I read that the Boeing plant in South Carolina is cutting 200 jobs (mostly engineers).  This is the exact plant where you went in February and said, "We are going to fight for every last American job.  Jobs is one of the primary reasons I'm standing here today as your president and I will never, ever disappoint you." 

That was your rhetoric in February, but here are the facts in June:
            -Boeing South Carolina eliminating 200 jobs this month
            -Boeing California eliminating 561 jobs (across 3 factories) over the next few months           
            -GM plant in Landstown, Ohio eliminated its third shift and laid off 1,200 workers on Jan 20 
            (that was your inauguration day by the way)
            -Ivanka Trump brand shoes being manufactured in China (because cheap labor trumps 
            American idealismprofits before people, right?)

All of these lay-offs despite your promises to boost manufacturing and support the American worker are disgusting.  Hopefully soon the mainstream news outlets will get bored with your antics and realize that the real story is in the economy and they will turn their attention there.  I can't wait.

Sincerely,
Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment