Wednesday, July 19, 2017

#144) More Stupidity


July 19, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

I can't believe I'm going to say this, and I will probably regret it, but I don't see your one-to-one chat with Vladimir Putin during a state dinner as that big of a deal.  The media is definitely portraying it as an "undisclosed meeting" and that would be a big deal because meetings between heads of state should be public and announced and more formalized.  The only thing I can see that you are guilty of is bad manners (because the others at the dinner felt uncomfortable) and political stupidity (because you did not have your own translator to cover your butt).  But what else is new? Bad manners and political stupidity are how you roll.

Unless and until there is more to this story, I just don't care.  I still think you are a fool and way out of your depth. Let's just hope you didn't say, do, or promise anything to Mr. Putin that could put our country in jeopardy.  (Of course you wouldn't really know if you did because you didn't have an American translator.  Just saying.)

Sincerely,
Amy Beaton

P.S.  I told you the Senate health care plan would not pass.  Rhetoric met reality and reality won.  Hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment