Saturday, May 13, 2017

#92) Going Down


May 13, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes trying to think of some way to shape the last 48 hours of your presidency into a meaningful and coherent letter and at this point I just don't think it can be done.

If I were to list out all of the crazy behaviors, false statements, and bizarre tweets you have issued in last two days it would fill 4 pages and I have neither the time nor the energy to do that (plus the media is doing a pretty good job of re-hashing every crazy-pants piece of it without me).  I think you have begun your death spiral.  I think the next few months are going to be one drama/crisis after another.  I just hope that we have enough competent legislators to guide your train wreck of a presidency to a safe conclusion where no one gets hurt and the foundational elements of our government are still in tact.

Just remember, I'm still watching.

Sincerely,
Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment