Monday, March 6, 2017

#31) Today I'm Doing Something Really Important

March 5, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

Today you're not going to get an in-depth letter from me because today I am doing something really important....cheering for all of the athletes participating in the Special Olympic Winter games in Woodstock,Vermont. 

This is a full weekend event, and one of the highlights of my whole year.   I took time out of the festivities yesterday to write to you about those stupid tweets you sent, but today my son won two gold medals.  One for giant slalom and one for super G.  He is a snowboarder and has worked hard all year to make it this far.

So today we forget about the Washington "swamp"and all of your ugliness and celebrate diversity, determination, and the the beauty of a sunny day on a beautiful Vermont mountain top.

See you tomorrow,
Amy Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment