Saturday, March 25, 2017

#51) The Art of the Fail


March 25, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

Well, you have given me a good laugh this morning.  While the media world is blowing up about the colossal failure of your health care reform bill – the bill you said would be "unbelievable", "beautiful", "terrific", "less expensive and much better", and "insurance for everybody" – this is what my daily email from the White House said:

"Today President Trump signed the NASA Authorization Act of 2017 authorizing the development and execution of a long-range plan for deep space exploration."

I kid you not I had to read it three times before I believed it.  Every headline in every major newspaper, TV show and on-line news outlet is about your failed health care bill but your personal headline to the world is about NASA funding.  You failed to deliver on your biggest campaign promise (something legislators have had 7 years to craft) undermining your self-created image as a master deal maker, foiled by your own party I should add, not by Democrats, and your daily briefing to the world only mentions a feel-good bill to fund NASA?!  Of course there were a few more sentences about how the NASA bill passed Congress unanimously and how everyone worked together on it, blah, blah, blah.  But that was it. Nothing else.  Absolutely nothing.  Talk about avoiding the elephant in the room - WOW!

Of course, I'm not disappointed that the ACA will continue.  That's good news for me.  The bill you proposed cuts taxes for the wealthy and finances it by eliminating coverage for the needy.so it's not much of a loss as far as I'm concerned.  But what this whole debacle really highlights is your incompetence and inability to lead.  I mean, if you can't work with a Republican held Congress, who can you work with?  I read a NY Times article this morning that said, "He's an effective politician who's utterly incompetent at governing."  And there's really not much more to be said than that.

Sincerely,
Amy Beaton

P.S.  I used to hate being on all of your mailing lists but now I kind of like it.
P.P.S.  I can't wait to see what you yahoos do for tax reform!!




No comments:

Post a Comment