Saturday, March 18, 2017

#44) Sneaky Business


March 18, 2017

Dear Mr. President,

Because I write you a letter everyday and send it via email to the White House, I am now on your electronic mailing list.  I don't actually like being on your mailing list, but I put up with it.  So I get the weekly email showing all of your highlights and I see that you are speaking at an event in Louisville, Kentucky.  I'm about to click off the page when something catches my eye.  It's the tag line at the bottom of the screen.  It says, "Paid for by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc."  And I think that's kind of weird because the election is over and it's WAY too early for you to be campaigning for the next election cycle.  I mean you've only been in office for 57 days!  And I begin to wonder why a campaign would pay for the speaking engagement of the President of the United States.  And here's what I find out:  if the campaign pays for it then the "campaign" (any staff at the event) can control who is allowed to enter.  In other words, this event is not open to the public.  Also, you can say almost anything you want because technically you are not speaking as the POTUS.  It's kind of like when you said during the election, "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody" and not "lose any voters."  You got away with that as candidate Trump but you wouldn't as President Trump.  So by having Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. pay for your visit to Louisville you can say whatever you want and not have to listen to any form of dissent because you can kick anyone out for any reason. 

You're supposed to SERVE the American people you sneaky, slimy little coward!

Finding a loophole to exclude the people who disagree with you doesn't make you smart. Freedom of speech is a fundamental right of all Americans you stupid git.  An American president who doesn't uphold the values of American democracy probably won't be president for very long.  Or at least he shouldn't be!

No comments:

Post a Comment